Thursday, July 23, 2009

Metropolitan City Council Meeting Baton Rouge, LA


Mayor Kip Holden of Baton Rouge, LA

Marcus Spears (Dallas Cowboys), myself, Michael Clayton (Tampa Bay Bucs)

I was graciously invited to attend the July 22nd city council meeting in Baton Rouge, LA. To my surprise, it was proclaimed Mrs. Louisiana America- Jennifer McLain Armond Day for the community involvement as Mrs. LA. That evening I was in the presence of some young teen leaders who were being recognized for their outstanding committment to leadership. I also had the opportunity to meet two former LSU football players Marcus Spears now of the Dallas Cowboys and Michael Clayton of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They were being honored as well for their football camp that was held earlier this summer for the Baton Rouge area youth. It was also declared their day as well, but as an avid football fan, I was thrilled to share the day and the stage with them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment