Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mrs America Slideshow

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Mrs America Slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

The above slide show is a great synopisis of my Mrs America experience, but it is rather long. Although I did not make top 10, I had the time of my life! This was the most incredible group of women/friends that I will have forever. Louisiana did walk away as the state costume WINNER! Thanks goes to Rebecca from the Lafayette Krewe of Rio for loaning me her incredible outfit. A little side note- the zipper BUSTED in the costume as I was dressing for competition and beautiful Mrs Illinois safety pinned me in the dress! She was a lifesaver, she kept me from lossing it- she has a beautiful spirit about her!



A very special thank you to my family- you will never truly understand the gratitute and love I have for each of you. This would NEVER have happened without you ALL! To the family that traveled to Tucson- Tim, Momma, Lindsey, Dad, Sylvia, Brandon, Matthew, and Christian words cannot express how awesome it was to have you there cheering me on- the flags and signs were fabulous! Louisiana definitely had the best cheering section! Mom and Lindsey thanks for keeping me calm and helping with hair/make-up and EVERYTHING else I needed. Dad and Sylvia- you 2 were my rocks as I prepared for this journey I don't know that I would have made it without you both. And lastly to Tim my Mr. Louisiana- I love you more than you will ever understand, your smile alone speaks volumes- Thank you for the dress to wear on my Big Day at Mrs America- it was the talk!



To all at home who were unable to travel with me- Thank you thank you thank you for all your cards, flowers, text messages that kept me going this week. My wonderful in law- Greg and Lettie I am so blessed to have you, you keeping Gabe at home meant I didn't have to worry, especially on his birthday. I love you both.



I am thrilled to be home back to normal being a wife, mom, co-worker, friend, and still Mrs. Louisiana! I look forward to the rest of my year serving my GREAT STATE!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment